Wednesday, November 2, 2011

BEFSR41 V3 activating UPnP resets admin password

I wanted to try FaceTime on my Mac but it wasn't working. I found a posting on the internet that said you should enable UPnP on your home router. So I did that and the old Linksys router apparently reset the admin password. After googling around, I found this posting which gave me the work-around to a strange bug. Another posting said to make sure you always re-enter your password when enabling UPnP and you'll be OK. I didn't change it (expecting it to remain unchanged). The default behavior replaced the password with garbage. Fortunately, it's consistent garbage so you can recover...

http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wired-Routers/BEFSR41-V3-activating-UPnP/m-...

> Re: BEFSR41 V3 activating UPnP [ Edited ]
> 01-15-2008 01:09 PM - last edited on 01-15-2008 01:37 PM
>> I keep running into this problem too. Didn't know what caused
> it at first but it is VERY annoying. I didn't want to have to
> reset my router and reconfigure all my settings again, so I
> had a dig around too and found that it sets the password to
> something weird as LowTek mentions in his post.
>> For future reference for anyone else running into this issue
> the password it always seems to set appears to be :
>>> d 6 n w 5 v l x 2 p c 7 s t 9 m & # 6 5 5 3 3 ;
>> (without the spaces - sorry this forum doesn't format it correctly and it doesn't allow html formatting)
>> This is regardless of what password was previously set so it
> is not some encrypted form of the old password.
>> Hope this helps someone.

You can copy and paste this -- no spaces:d6nw5vlx2pc7st9m�

Posted via email from miner49r

No comments: